We are BUILDING HEALTH SAVINGS. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
The Assistant Controller oversees the accounting department, with responsibility for a team of four. She or he will be a key member of the Finance team and work closely with SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting, Tax and Financial Planning & Analysis leaders. This position will report to the Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the monthly financial close activities (i.e. reviewing journal entries, reconciling accounts, preparing financial reports, etc)
- Lead annual audits and quarterly reviews with internal and external (PwC) auditors
- Ensure accounting functions are completed in accordance with established internal controls and generally accepted accounting principles
- Maintain systems, policies, procedures and controls
- Manage accounts payable and expense report processing
- Research and resolve accounting errors, discrepancies and control deficiencies
- Assist technical accounting research and implementation (i.e. Leasing standard)
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities (i.e. System implementation)
- Support FP&A team in annual budget and on-going forecasting process
- Raise the strategic profile of accounting functions, assuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and integrity while creating business insight
- Embrace process and compliance responsibilities, showing good judgement, rigor, personal integrity and ethics, and fostering these qualities in others
- Recruit, retain and, most importantly, develop a diverse team of high performers who embody HealthEquity's culture and embrace its mission
- Foster a responsive, customer-driven work ethic within the finance organization, supporting disparate groups within the Company to achieve common goals
- Have high appreciation for the business model with the ability to pitch the business internally and externally
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (Masters a plus)
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- 6-10 years of experience managing accounting practices and processes
- Public company and/or Big 4 experience is preferred
- Proven proficiency in GAAP reporting and accounting
- Proven track record of analytical and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt in a fast-paced organization
- Customer-centric approach to collaboratively work with varying personalities
- Familiarity with financial systems implementation and process change, a plus
- A record of personal and business ethics appropriate for a high-visibility public company with a culture of integrity
- Located in or willing to permanently relocate to the Sale Lake City area.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.