We are BUILDING HEALTH SAVINGS. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
Internal Audit is part of the Audit and Risk Management (ARM) team at HealthEquity. Collectively our mission is as follows: Inspiring trust through the promotion and support of HealthEquity's Mission, Vision, Values, and DEEP Purple culture by educating and empowering our Team Members to embrace risk management through its integration with the Company's strategic objectives and its sustained growth.
Our Internal Audit team provides services related to evaluating and enhancing the value and effectiveness of HealthEquity’s risk management, governance, and control processes. This requires an understanding of our organization's mission, vision, values, strategy, objectives, and risks. We consider the risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board of directors, team members (employees), and shareholders.
What you’ll be doing
- Be an ambassador of the Internal Audit Services department while performing assigned responsibilities consistent with the guidance established by the Internal Audit Services charter, policy, and procedures
- Lead, direct and supervise the design and successful execution of various IT and Integrated audits including, but not limited to: SOX, SOC 1, SOC 2, and operational audits
- Provide thought leadership around ITGC best practices and techniques around helping the business become more effective in performing controls successfully.
- Identify potential control deficiencies and process improvement opportunities and then provide meaningful recommendations
- Coordinate among control owners, management, external audit, internal audit, and the Audit and Risk Committee to complete the audit plan
- Develop, deploy, and monitor audit and internal control education to management
- Provide auditing expertise to the Internal Audit Services team in a collaborative manner, as well as the development to the audit team through coaching, training, and other educational opportunities
- Develop and maintain highly productive relationships (partnerships and credibility) with audit staff, consultants, control owners, and department leaders, with the challenge to always provide value-added services
- Enhance procedures, schedules, priorities, and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals assessing risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organization
- Plan, assign and supervise the daily activity and work of other auditors
- Identify and communicate to department personnel changes in professional standards, pronouncements, laws, guidelines and audit requirements, in a way that non-auditors can understand.
- Oversee the remediation of deficiencies/findings in internal controls and validated remediation resolution of key controls.
- Effectively use current internal audit technology and provide ways to improve current internal audit processes.
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned by internal audit leadership
What you will need to be successful
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5-6 years of relevant audit experience (Public Accounting experience required, Big 4 experience preferred) including information technology general controls (ITGCs) over Security-User Access, Change Management, Program Development, and Computer Operations
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Accounting and relevant Master’s degree preferred
- Certification(s) Required: CISA and/or CRISC, CISM
- Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA, or CITP
- Ethical resilience in professional and personal conduct
- Ability to effectively lead teams to generate a strategic vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, encourage candid, meaningful/timely feedback to promote continuous improvement as well as ability to receive 360 feedback
- Ability to collaborate directly with department management, identify and address their needs through building and maintaining professional relationships, understand the Company’s business; communicate effectively the value propositions of a broad range of internal audit services
- Exhibit a strong desire and drive to develop business acumen to better the services offered to our internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience leading a team to successfully execute to the Internal Audit Plan
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions
- Experience with and strong understanding of key risks and frameworks regarding cybersecurity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally, including providing presentations to the Audit and Risk Committee
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.