We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
We are looking for a passionate Data Architect to join our Software Development and Delivery team in Draper, Utah. We work as one team, collaboratively, cross functionally while following the SAFe methodology. If you're passionate about data this is the perfect opportunity to join us in our mission to connect health and wealth.
What you will be doing
- Create and own a data modernization roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing key data technologies
- Design, develop, apply and support data standardization policies
- Analyze enterprise and application logical and physical data models and associated business rules to insure standards and best practices are followed
- Establish the structure, connections, and relationships within the data in preparation for mining, modeling, or migration activities
- Lead and perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements
- Attend and represent data architecture and solutions in architectural guild
- Work closely with the Application System Architect to implement enterprise architecture across owned systems and platforms
- Collaborate w/Product Owner on identifying, prioritizing technical enablers to support product features, and roadmap
- Lead technical decision making on POC's and build/buy options related to data management of the platform
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in CS/Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing enterprise level data engineering solutions
- 3+ years hands-on experience designing and architecting database objects and data integrations that are readable, maintainable, testable, scalable, and performable
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the appropriate database technology based on business use cases (i.e. RDBMS, Columnar, NoSQL, etc…)
- Experience in Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, OLAP Cubes, and Bus Matrix Mapping)
- Advance technical knowledge and background in the areas of Big Data, Data modeling, EDW, Data Mart, data management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data integration (ETL) and Data Security
- Proven understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop,Hive, Spark), noSQL, and business analytics
- Knowledge and experience in Azure Data Services like Azure SQL DB, Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Data warehouse, Azure Data Lake, and SQL Server
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solution to the cloud
- Experience with low latency, high volume data synchronization patterns and technologies
- Solid understanding of data structures, interactions between software applications, and databases
- Solid leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to mentor and train others on design and use of best practices
- Proven ability to design for "ilities" across distributed systems (scalability, security, reusability, maintainability, extensibility, testability, reliability, etc.)
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.