We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
The COBRA Operations Manager has the exciting opportunity to build and launch a new COBRA Operations Program from the ground up. This position will create all processes and procedures, as well as manage the day-to-day processing activities of the COBRA Operations department including leading a team of Coordinators/Specialists who interact with clients to onboard, process, or research any COBRA related activities as well as create and maintain pertinent COBRA reporting and metrics for senior leadership.
What you’ll be doing
- Capitalize on the opportunity to create, define, and build an effective and efficient COBRA Program from the ground up
- Develop and manage processes and procedures for the COBRA Operations Program and team
- Lead an operations team of coordinators/specialists responsible for all COBRA processing including onboarding of new clients and administration of COBRA benefits such as premium payments
- COBRA subject matter expert with thorough expertise and understanding of all applicable standards and laws
- A liaison between HealthEquity, vendors, and clients
- Create, analyze, and maintain reporting metrics for the COBRA team to report to senior leaders
- Educate, train and develop team members on effectively and efficiently administering the COBRA Program
- Stay well-informed of industry trends, regulations and COBRA standards
- Make decisions and recommendations to resolve incidents regarding escalations or issues in a timely manner
- Ensure all processes that are completed meet or exceed our service level agreement standards
- Responsible for achieving personal, department, and corporate goals
- Responsible for providing team member feedback and performance reviews
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience required
- Minimum of 5 years COBRA eligibility and processing experience required
- 2 years management or supervisory experience required
- Ability to professionally represent HealthEquity while working directly with vendors, clients, or other external parties.
- Must be a proactive and innovative self-starter with critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Confidence and ability to make accurate decisions and recommendations to resolve incidents regarding escalations or issues in a timely manner
- Ability to organize and manage details and ensure completion of important tasks
- Experienced and comfortable working with current technology; able to converse with technical staff on a regular basis and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Team player who works well with others as well as receive direction
- Ability to work in a diverse and sometimes stressful and ambiguous environment.
- Commitment to meet or exceed service level agreements
- Understanding of project management principles are a plus
- Experience building a program and/or team from scratch preferred.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.