We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
The Associate General Counsel will be a key member of the company’s small but highly effective legal department, with a split focus between commercial contract review and negotiations, on one hand, and general corporate matters, corporate governance, securities, M&A, and equity issues, on the other hand. The role is ideal for an associate coming from a corporate law practice in a large law firm with a minimum of 6 years of experience, or for a lawyer who is already in-house who has been with a large law firm and has relevant subject matter experience. The position will report to the General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing
- Review and negotiate commercial contracts (customer and vendor contracts)
- Support General Counsel and provide counsel on corporate governance matters to senior management and the Board of Directors
- Assistance in preparation for board and committee meetings, including preparation of meeting agendas, materials, and minutes
- Assistance in preparing, managing and implementing corporate governance and related policies and preparing, managing and implementing corporate policies
- Co-ordinate with finance team and outside attorneys, accountants and auditors in preparation of securities filings, including ‘33 Act and ‘34 Act filings
- Provide support to General Counsel and senior management for M&A transactions, including working with executives and finance department on deal structure, LOI terms, planning and assisting in due diligence, drafting and negotiating deal agreements, and actively managing deal process, outside counsel and execution
- Assistance in maintaining corporate books and records
- Support the equity administrator on stock option and equity matters and the People department on personnel and compensation matters
- Provide support to management on real estate, corporate, financing, and commercial and other transactions and special projects as needed
- Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary
What you will need to be successful
- License to practice law in any US jurisdiction, Utah preferred. If not a member of the Utah Bar, must be qualified to obtain permission to be corporate counsel in Utah.
- Strong academic credentials; JD from a leading law school. Minimum of 6 years of experience in a corporate law department at a large law firm or in-house experience with relevant subject matter expertise. Industry experience in healthcare, financial and retirement services and/or benefits administration will be highly regarded.
- Knowledge of ERISA welfare benefit plans, HSA, and privacy regulation
- In-house experience at a public company and experience managing corporate governance and secretarial matters are a plus
- Experience with interacting at senior level with business management
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Thrives in a “roll-up your sleeves and own the outcome” environment
- Ability to strike sensible and practical balance between legal risks and the need to do business
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, high activity environment with smart and creative people
- Strong ability to influence, provide point of view and to listen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with various departments and levels within HealthEquity (including senior management) and manage cross functional teams, including operations, finance and HR
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Solution oriented. Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems.
- Sense of humor and fun
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.