We are BUILDING HEALTH SAVINGS. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
We are looking for a Senior SQL Database Administrator to be part of our team in Draper, Utah. You will be a senior team member who will have an advance knowledge of SQL server, provide support, advice and a strategic plan for HealthEquity databases.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead process of tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests.
- Supporting failover clusters, Always on Availability Groups.
- Troubleshooting SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Working with project teams to ensure requirements and deadlines are properly captured and delivered
- Ensuring SQL environment is compliant with SOX, SOC and SOC2 type II requirements and controls.
- Acting as a security champion and remediating identified vulnerabilities
- Ensuring backups strategies are aligned appropriately and are functioning properly.
- Working in harmony with the Systems Team, System Architect, Data Architect, and the rest of the business to accomplish business initiatives.
- Configuring SQL Server to align with best practices and tuning for our environment.
- Designing solutions to improve processes and automate where possible.
- Working in a 24x7x365 production environment, this includes a rotating on-call schedule.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least 7 years of equivalent work experience as a Database Administrator.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with team members in all levels of Management.
- Strong experience in Database Administration from SQL Server 2012 to 2016.
- Experience upgrading SQL Server versions.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving blocking and deadlocking issues performance issues, and database integrity issues.
- Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, security, DBCC commands, integrity checks, Failover clustering, always on availability groups.
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, configuration.
- Working knowledge of SQL Server troubleshooting techniques (Waits, Extended events, Server side trace, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs).
- SQL and windows patching experience for standalone and clustered SQL servers.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures, creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in database administration (MCSA) desirable.
- Experience working with or in Azure
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision to save healthcare. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.