We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
We are looking for an energetic Agile Coach and Release Train Engineer leader who has a passion for fundamental Agile practices and principles to join our team in Irving, Texas. We need someone that is part diplomat, part teacher, part master organizer that wakes up every day with an intense desire to build high-performing, self-organizing software development teams that can deliver high quality and value.
What you’ll be doing
- Provide leadership, guidance to coach, mentor, and develop team members; including overseeing new team member onboarding, providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Lead team members using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for open collaboration, working effectively together to enable each team member and the department to succeed.
- Empower team members to take responsibility for their jobs, meeting their individual, team, and company goals.
- Strong understanding of Lean, Agile, SAFe®, and SDLC methodologies with proven ability to implement and influence change across the organization that aligns to the Lean/Agile disciplines.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality products are delivered quickly and aligns with overall Product vision; while following department, Agile, and SDLC policies, standards, and practices.
- Establish and maintain department policies and Lean/Agile practices that align with SDLC and industry standards.
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the Agile Release Train
- Establish and communicate the annual calendars for iterations and program increments (PIs)
- Facilitate PI planning readiness through pre- and post-PI planning meetings
- Facilitate the PI planning event
- Assist tracking PI Metrics
- Facilitate periodic synchronization meetings
- Help manage risks and dependencies
- Escalate and track impediments
- Provide input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Encourage collaboration between teams and System and Solution Architects/Engineering
- Work with stakeholders to help ensure strategy and execution alignment
- Improve the flow of value through value streams by improving and assessing the DevOps and Release on Demand competency
- Work with the Agile Program Management Office (APMO) on program execution and operational excellence
- Facilitate demos & Inspect and Adapt workshops;
- Assess the agility level of agile teams and help them improve
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent
- 10 years’ experience working in Agile and SCRUM software development environments
- 5 years’ experience leading organizational transformation to Agile
- 3 years’ experience leading people
- 5+ years of experience coaching Lean-Agile engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- 1+ years of experience as a Release Train Engineer (RTE)
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with proven ability to inspire team members, hold self and team accountable, and to drive positive change throughout the organization
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization, utilizing different communication channels and tools
- Demonstrated relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and partnerships across business units and key functional support areas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Solid presentation and facilitation skills
- Diplomatically solve problems and resolve conflict
- Certified SPC (SAFe Program Consultant) preferred
- CSM, SSM, SASM
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean-Agile software delivery
- Proven experience in leading continuous improvement and creating self-organizing teams
- Proficient knowledge of at least one Agile software management tool
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.