We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
With general direction and latitude for independent judgment, responsible for supervising the daily activities of a Data Integration Services team that implements Electronic Data Interface (EDI) inbound and outbound data feeds for clients and third party administrators, processing of data files, monitoring ongoing production jobs, and overall data integrity in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and company standards.
This position typically performs work at a WageWorks site and reports to a Manager of Data Integration Services or another leader with responsibility for data integration. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate and work closely with operational management teams, cross-functional management teams, and internal/external customer/client leaders.
What you’ll be doing
- Works cross-functionally with other operational departments to address customer or business issues in a timely manner.
- On a daily basis, monitors and supervises all Data Integration Services (DIS) team activities to ensure established company Service Level Agreements are met.
- Assist with the creation and monitoring of departmental staffing objectives in order to make progress toward meeting established goals.
- Tracks team performance by establishing meaningful metrics in order to provide feedback to PS Management team as well as frontline staff.
- Responds to technical issues to provide migration and file level support for escalated non–repetitive data issues.
- Develops, maintains and provides documentation on processes, scripts, and case resolution procedures for future reference or use
- Educates and directly interacts with the client and vendor to facilitate communication during implementation process
- Carries out personnel actions for the DIS team to include, hiring & scheduling; training & evaluation; coaching, counseling, & performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
What you will need to be successful
- Knowledge of information technology or business administration or a closely related field as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
- Knowledge, skills and ability to develop tactical standards and support procedures for the provision of effective technical data integration services for clients
- One year of progressively responsible experience in an Information Technology with a client facing focus or a closely related role
- Two to three years supervisory experience or project management experience is preferred.
- Experience working with flexible spending accounts, cafeteria plans, and COBRA is preferred
- Ability to quickly assess client and systems issues as well as research and investigate technical system transactions.
- Extensive experience with identifying trends in data or process issues, analyzing data and reporting issues to management.
- Drives for results and displays a sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and priorities and the ability to work under specific time constraints
- Organizational skills and time management skills
- Good analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability to uncover facts and use that information to effectively solve issues
- Attention to detail
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain customer service focused during situations in which customers may be notably frustrated
- Previous coaching experience
- Ability to balance costs with performance management
- Ability to manage performance through metrics
- Ability to maintain the confidence of sensitive information
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook)
- Knowledge and proficiency with web-based tools, relational databases and internet solutions
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio is preferred
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.