How you can make a difference
We are looking for a Senior Oracle Database Administrator to be part of our team in Draper, Utah or Milwaukee, Wisconsin. You will be a senior member of our talented team of Database Administrators. You will need to have an advance knowledge of Oracle server and be able to provide support, advice and a strategic plan for HealthEquity and WageWorks databases.
What you’ll be doing
- Performs complex database maintenance and design activities, which may require extensive research and analysis. This includes performing design, implementation and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server/Oracle applications that support the Company’s product offerings and infrastructure systems.
- Performs SQL Server/Oracle configuration and performance tuning, reviews SQL queries and improves their execution metrics.
- Provides ongoing support to Development, Test, Stage, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and other environments. Develop and support SQL Server/Oracle refresh process.
- Design and implement backend systems with the emphasis on high availability and disaster recoverability, data security and compliance. Hands on experience with running SQL Server/Oracle in virtual environments (VMWare preferred)
- Ongoing maintenance of multiple databases residing on many SQL Server/Oracle instances.
- Assists with, builds and supports customer (public) websites as well as back-end applications that enable the organization to deliver high-quality services to customers
- Completes requirements analysis, design, development, test and deployment of new application components (SQL packages and procedures, PowerShell or similar scripts).
- Participates in product design meetings as well as design reviews, system testing and data modeling for complex development projects. Works directly with a technical project manager, web developers, system administrators and product managers. During peak periods of development also works with external consultants and technology partners to support and enhance existing applications.
- Provides support to the development of user interfaces for these applications as well as coordinate with other engineers to integrate application services.
- Performs complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products, researching problems discovered by Quality Assurance (QA) or product support. Develops solutions to the problems
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and identify issues causing production outages to web sites, back end processes and financial applications and engineer solutions.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or at least 7 years of equivalent work experience as a Database Administrator.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with team members in all levels of Management.
- Strong experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving blocking and deadlocking issues performance issues, and database integrity issues.
- Experience with backups, restores, recovery models, security, DBCC commands, integrity checks, Failover clustering, always on availability groups.
- Strong knowledge of indexes, index management, configuration.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures, creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting hardware, software, and network connectivity issues.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision to save healthcare. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.