We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
Our Internal Audit team provides services related to enhancing the value and effectiveness of HealthEquity’s risk management, governance, and control processes. This requires an understanding of our organization's mission, vision, values, strategy, objectives, and risks. We consider the risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board and team members (employees).
What you’ll be doing
Under general supervision from internal audit management, you will be responsible for preparing and implementing risk-based audits to assess, report on, and make suggestions for improving the company’s internal controls. The position will have a key role in assessing the Company’s compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 as it pertains to key business processes. The position will be further called on to identify and recommend finance and operational process improvements.
- Be an ambassador of the Internal Audit department while performing assigned responsibilities consistent with the guidance established by the Internal Audit charter, policy, and procedures while contributing to the Company’s mission, visions, strategic objectives and risk mitigation objectives
- Take a leading role in assisting internal audit management in developing business process procedures, schedules, priorities, and programs for achieving audit objectives and goals assessing risk factors to identify high risk areas within the organization
- Take a leading role in assisting audit management in coordinating the quarterly and annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) business processes and reporting among control owners, management, external audit, internal audit, and the Audit and Risk Committee
- Provide auditing expertise to the Internal Audit team in a collaborative manner, as well as providing development opportunities to the audit staff through mentoring, coaching, and other educational opportunities
- Act as Audit-in-Charge (AIC) during assigned engagements, both assurance and consulting
- Take a leading role in assisting internal audit management in coordinating the remediation of business process deficiencies in internal controls (specifically with respect to the control environment)
- Learn quickly by working closely (partner) with other leaders in internal audit, consultants and leaders from other departments
- Develop and maintain highly productive relationships with audit staff, consultants, control owners and department leaders, with the challenge to always provide value-added services
- Conduct interviews with auditees to understand business processes and gather information to support audit scope and objectives
- Perform/document business process walkthroughs
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/seminars; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned by internal audit management
What you will need to be successful
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5 plus years of relevant audit experience (3 plus years of audit experience required)
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business, relevant Master’s degree preferred
- Professional Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA
- Possess high ethical standards and values and be able to maintain confidentiality regarding HealthEquity data, customer personal health care information, financial information, and audit findings
- Demonstrate ability to plan and execute engagements/projects from start to finish
- Flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple, diverse, financial and operational engagements
- Ability to adapt with changing priorities, execute multiple topics and project ambiguity
- Ability to work both in a team setting and independently
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, research, problem solving, and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage projects and deadlines with limited supervision
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer skills and programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Visio, and PowerPoint), GRC and other auditing tools
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.