We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
This position will be hired under WageWorks a wholly owned subsidiary of HealthEquity.
How you can make a difference
Works independently with minimal supervision and is responsible for managing the daily activities of a Data Integration Services team. This team implements Electronic Data Interface (EDI) inbound and outbound data feeds, processing of data files, monitoring ongoing production jobs, and overall data integrity in accordance with established Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Works closely with IT resources as well as other operational units to ensure seamless delivery of products and services.
This position typically performs work at a WageWorks site and reports to a Director of Data Integration Services or another leader with responsibility for data integration. The nature of the work entails that incumbents collaborate and work closely with operational management teams, cross-functional management teams, and internal/external customer/client leaders.
What you’ll be doing
- Direct oversight for data-set-up that includes: implementations, ongoing monitoring of production jobs as well as inbound/outbound data files, and overall data integrity, Takes action when to redirect resources when service and/or performance levels are unacceptable.
- Manages and oversees activities to ensure internal client support functions and relations are delivered in a manner that meets customer service standards and Service Level Agreements.
- Responds to technical issues to provide support for escalated non–repetitive data issues.
- Serves as the Data Integration Services team Subject Matter Expert (SME) for internal and external clients.
- Reviews departmental requests regarding support and makes the appropriate recommendations for resolution.
- Educates and directly interacts with the client and vendor to facilitate communication during implementation process
- Assists with establishing written policy and procedures to facilitate integrity and accuracy of incoming and outgoing data.
- Assists senior management with planning, selection, and allocation of resources that support the team’s overall productivity and effectiveness.
- Tracks team performance by reviewing meaningful metrics in order to provide feedback to Data Integration Services team as well as frontline staff.
- Carries out personnel actions for the Data Integration Services team to include, hiring & scheduling; training & evaluation; coaching, counseling, & performance management.
- Performs other duties as assigned or apparent.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems.
- The knowledge, skills and ability to develop tactical standards and support procedures for the provision of effective technical data integration services for clients as described.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in an Information Technology with a client facing focus or a closely related role.
- Three to four years supervisory experience or project management experience
- Strong technical knowledge of principles and practices of information technology, organization, administration and management.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of technical staff as described.
- Ability to quickly assess client and systems issues as well as research and investigate technical system transactions. Extensive experience with identifying trends in data or process issues, analyzing data.
- Drives for results and displays a sense of urgency.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both oral and written and the ability to assimilate and understand information in a manner consistent with essential job functions.
- Identify trends in data or process issues, analyze data and report issues to management.
- Ability to manage activities in conformance with budgetary guidelines and limits.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing demands of business.
- Ability to mentor and develop direct reports and others.
- Proficiency with business and communications software (preferably Word, Excel, PowerPoint, common Windows operating systems, and Outlook).
- Knowledge and proficiency with web-based tools, relational databases and internet solutions.
- Strong knowledge of SQL Server Management Studio and Oracle.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.