We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
The Vice President of Total Rewards will be responsible for leading compensation, benefits and operation team(s) for our remarkable growing organization. This role will play an important part in building the Total Rewards strategy and initiatives that align with our business needs.
The Vice President of Total Rewards will be responsible for leading the compensation and benefits team for our remarkable growing organization. The Vice President of Total Rewards will play an important role in building the Total Rewards strategy and initiatives that align with our business needs. At HealthEquity, we work hard to maximize benefits, compensation, perks, equity and so much more so to maximize the engagement and productivity of the various teams throughout the organization. But, we don’t stop there, we recognize our team members contributions are only half of the story and that is why we strive to incorporate rewards that will not only benefit the team members while working, but also positively impact their personal life’s and the lives of the loved ones their work supports. This role will play a crucial part in ensuring our world class team members receive world class rewards.
Over the years we have seen the impact total rewards make on an individual’s retention, engagement, and overall performance. The Vice President of Total Rewards will lead the strategy for the company in a manner that positively influences the right output throughout the company.
What you’ll be doing
The Vice President of Total Rewards will report to the Senior Vice President of People. This role requires a strong people leader with a broad knowledge of several disciplines within the People organization along with the ability to scale an organization while thriving in a high-growth and fast-paced environment. Knowledge of HRIS systems and technology are key components for the right candidate to be successful
- The Vice President of Total Rewards will be responsible for leading, building and driving the compensation and benefits strategy for our growing organization.
- Drive the development and implementation of the total reward strategy, a strategy that will support, attract & retain world-class Purple talent
- Provides strategic and directional support for compensation and benefits initiatives, including performance management philosophy, job analysis and promotion processes, pay programs, executive compensation, recognition programs, benefits programs, benefits communications, and team member outreach.
- Lead educational conversations with all levels of leadership to provide education and understanding of the company’s compensation strategy
- Deep understanding of executive level compensation and the ability drive and lead conversations with outside consultants and internal executive leaders
- Experience and a solid understanding of equity compensation and the ability to lead various aspects of the equity program, including educating team members at all levels.
- Responsible for the on-going evaluation of the Company’s compensation and benefits programs, assessing the effectiveness of existing policies, guidelines, architecture, and procedures
- Lead the development of a national benefits strategy to ensure all regions are in compliance. Lead the reviews from benchmark surveys, analyze competitive market data and develop recommendations for updates to job architecture, salary structures and bonus targets as appropriate; propose salary increase budgets.
- Set strategic direction of company-wide benefit and benefits communications programs that support company objectives through analysis of plan performance, impact on desired indicators such as retention and team member performance, total cost, market analysis, best practices, and administrative burden.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to champion strategic direction of benefits and promote solid buy-in of Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) internally.
- Manage the development, implementation, administration and communications for company-wide benefit programs, including:
- Oversee creation of RFPs, participate in vendor meetings and vendor assessments.
- Assist with benefits compliance to ensure that benefits programs remain compliant with all state, federal and company specific requirements and mandates.
- Oversee LOA administration.
- Implement national annual open enrollment or roll-out of new programs, including defining objectives and strategy; lead annual renewal process, contract negotiations and benchmarking; prepare estimates of resource requirements; define and communicate expectations for quality outcomes and process standards; provide process updates and proposals to senior leadership; lead and manage the execution plan; lead evaluation of OE in achieving defined objectives.
- Oversee annual audits of plans, produce analytical reports to include trends, forecasting, and budget management; report findings to senior leadership.
- Review, research and maintain audit and compliance controls for the plans to eliminate/prevent financial risk and penalties to plans and to the Company.
- Partner with the Benefits Consultant to research options and solicit insurance companies for quotations. Evaluate quotes and make recommendations. Develop cost information for new plans and make recommendations concerning cost share between team member and company.
- Leads the operations group, including HRIS, project management, process improvement, compliance, and general operations.
- Oversees the alignment and integration of HR technology to ensure it is developed and leveraged to meet organizational information needs.
- Analyze and update current policies and procedures to ensure efficiency, regulatory, compliance and attainment of best practices with regards to benefits management and administration.
- Solid understanding of technology and the tools required for the successful process improvement and scale that are required for this role to be successful.
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Masters a plus)
- 10+ years of finance, human resource business/operational experience
- Strong Excel, business intelligence tools and PowerPoint skills
- Proven track record of organizational skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to adapt in a fast-paced organization
- Customer-centric approach to collaboratively work with varying personalities
- A record of personal and business ethics appropriate for a high-visibility public company with a culture of integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- People leadership, influence and excellent communication skills
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.