We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
This position is responsible for the architectural design and direction of assigned applications and systems.
What you’ll be doing
- Leads the architectural vision for large-scale project and system design using modern technology stacks with a core focus on reusability, scalability and performance at scale within an Azure environment.
- Create, own, and maintain architectural solutions for applications and systems relevant to multiple teams. This would include ensuring the solution aligns with business strategy and architecture documentation including deployment diagrams, data models, activity diagrams, threat models, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership in defining and understanding the architecture strategy and roadmaps for responsible product areas.
- Responsible for leading cloud strategy and build out of technical roadmaps
- Lead a group of Architects and technical leads towards the evolution and implementation of the technical strategy.
- Document and present findings, research, and engineering plans with other architects, partners, and stakeholders.
- Create and maintain technical debt backlog for product area
- Design enterprise cloud solutions (Azure)
- Balance time to ensure app/system design and architecture is maintained while contributing to the delivery of sprint commitments
- Lead technical decision making on POC's and build/buy options within product area.
- Research industry trends and practices while promoting and driving innovation across teams.
- Lead the team to effectively communicate and present the architectural decisions and technical strategies so that development teams properly understand why the strategies need to be adopted
What you will need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering/computer science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years software architecture and software development experience
- 5+ years in a lead design or architecture capacity with experience designing and architecting software applications that are readable, maintainable, testable, scalable, and performable.
- 8+ years in designing and delivering large scale distributed systems.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- In depth knowledge of .NET core, C#, and SQL
- Cloud architecture experience required (Azure).
- Knowledge of container deployments using Kubernetes
- Ability to influence technical needs w/business and technical team members
- Demonstrated skill in designing enterprise software solutions w/standard architectural principles/practices
- Strong ability to discern boundaries of multiple applications/systems
- Strong understanding of Domain Driven Design and SOLID principles
- Strong understanding of data structures, interactions between software applications, and databases
- Proven ability to mentor, train, design, and use best testing practices
- Proven ability to design for "ilities" across distributed systems (scalability, security, reusability, maintainability, extensibility, testability, reliability, etc...)
- Proven knowledge of application/system architecture and full technology stack
- Expert in patterns and solutions that enable evolutionary architectures, leveraging flexibility and creativity when balancing the present technologies with emerging ones when formulating new strategies.
- Highly effective communication skills between functions across the business
- Passion for understanding, following industry trends, and how those trends can influence.
- Cloud Experience with AWS OR GCP is preferred
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. HealthEquity is a drug-free workplace. For more information about our EEO policy, or about HealthEquity’s applicant disability accommodation, drug-free-workplace, background check, and E-Verify policies, please visit our Careers page.