We are CONNECTING HEALTH AND WEALTH. Come be part of remarkable.
How you can make a difference
This valued position, People Generalist I, works directly on the People Team. This important role supports all aspects of the People organization as well as team members and leaders across the enterprise. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail with the ability to effectively prioritize many and diverse tasks. The candidate will work proactively to build relationships, support internal processes, simplify and support business requests.
HealthEquity’s leadership and 3,000+ team members embrace a unique culture symbolized by the Purple in the Company’s logo. Being “Purple” means standing out from the crowd by going above and beyond to help others.
What you’ll be doing
- Responds to routine employment-related inquiries from team members and leaders, referring more complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate resource.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute People programs.
- Partners with business leaders to ensure consistent application of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Actively participates in team meetings by engaging, leading meetings and activities to enhance the People Partnership team.
- Participates in the design and implementation of programs that build team member engagement and retention including on-boarding, conducting stay interviews, engaging in development discussions and performing off-boarding.
- Supports leaders in addressing performance concerns by reviewing and delivering Performance Improvement Plans and Warnings when appropriate.
- Supports crafting of Termination Memos and collection of pertinent documents supporting involuntary teammate terminations when warranted.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Facilitates maintenance and updates for team member data in the HRIS system and other systems as necessary.
- Provides education and counsel for leaders and teammates in matters of team member relations. May investigate and respond to more routine team member concerns, complaints and/or provide general guidance, always striving for successful resolution.
- Prepares and maintains documentation or reports related to key People activities, as assigned (e.g. investigations, various dashboards).
- Supports special projects as necessary, continually seeking new ways to enhance the business and impact the team member experience.
- Works as a liaison with other People Team Centers of Excellence to assist team members with questions and meet overall People Team objectives and programs.
- Maintains an awareness and currency of “HR” principles, practices and the related regulatory environment. This may involve attending training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed.
What you will need to be successful
- College degree preferred in HR, Business, Communications or related field
- 1 - 2 years working on a high performing HR team or prior people leadership experience
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the ability to work proactively
- Basic knowledge of business policy and employment laws
- High attention to detail
- A passion to perform remarkable service and to be an ambassador of our Purple culture,
- Effective and efficient communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Excellent written communication with the ability to proofread and edit documents
- Technologically savvy – Excel, HRIS system (ADP Vantage), etc. and ability to navigate multiple systems
- Knack for people interactions – problem solving, mediation, crucial conversations, empathy, etc.
- Self-awareness and ongoing self-improvement are desired
- Strong ability to work cross-organizationally with both individual contributors and leaders of all levels
- The ability to deliver difficult messages with clarity, composure and empathy.
LOCATION: REMOTE U.S.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) match
- Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Ongoing education
- Tuition Assistance
- Gym/Fitness Reimbursement
- Purple with Purpose (paid volunteer time off)
- HSA contribution and match
- On site Lunch and Learns
- Award winning Wellness Program
- Consumer Driven Healthcare (CDH) education
Why work for HealthEquity
HealthEquity has a vision that by 2030 we will make HSAs as wide-spread and popular as retirement accounts. We are passionate about providing a solution that allows American families to connect health and wealth and build health savings for life. Through our innovative technology and superior service delivery, our members gain valuable insights to better save and spend their healthcare dollars.
We firmly believe that our team members drive the success of this company. We hire passionate contributors who enjoy the thrill of pioneering their positions to their full potential. Join us and discover a work experience where the person is valued more than the position, and where are our Purple culture drives a remarkable experience.
Our advice to you
HealthEquity is fiercely focused on hiring passionate individuals to contribute to our Purple culture. If you speak passion, excellence, service, ambition, fun… we want to speak with you! We believe that your personality is as important as your experience and qualifications so when we do have the opportunity to speak together, be authentic, be genuine, be you! Showcase your experience and your passion.
HealthEquity, Inc. is a proud promoter of equal opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees. HealthEquity, Inc. support Equal Employment Opportunities without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status when hiring – under federal, state and local laws.